Monday, January 09, 2006

My Top 5 CD's for this week.
Week two January 13, 2006

1. Jeff KleinThe Hustler
I forgot how I came to hear of Jeff Klein but I'm glad that I did. Greg Dulli helped to produce it. Jeff reminds me of a few people. He's kinda got the Pete Yorn feel with a touch of Luther Russell. It feels like a warm summer night.



2. Almost Famous Soundtrack
I've been listening to this on and off for the last month or so. I love to listen to this and think about the different parts of the movie. who doesn't love this movie! I can't help but laugh when ever 'fever dog' comes on. I can just see Jason lee (swoon) making that face and scratching his hand in the air. Jason Lee is so awesome in that movie!

3. The Giraffes
Heavy man HEAVY!
It's better then a jam band but I can hear how they would be considered as such. I love this shit! I've only seen them once, at the CMJ music fest in New York. I was very much impressed with the whole performance.

4. Swervedriver - Raise Down
The CD gives me so much listening pleasure, I can't even begin to explain it. So many wonderful memories when this CD came out.
I remember seeing them at the Roxy during the Raise Down tour, It was breathtaking to watch them on stage with the lights down low and all the colorful spotlights on them. Not many people have heard of them which is a shame.

5. I've also been listening to The Section Quartet. They play at the Largo every once in awhile and they are amazing! Right now I'm listening to them do the full on Radiohead Tribute. wow! As I'm listening to this I can see each member playing their viola's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home